i’ve been rescued from posting any more dull blahgity blah blah (so dull, i fell asleep in the middle of posting and had to continue when i woke up!) by bashirs_mom at Basenji Boy with this random meme tag.
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
so here goes:
1. i believe with all my heart that flute has NO, i repeat, NO business rocking out in a song. that means YOU, jethro tull (a full 10:21 of PURE TORTURE that should rank right up there with waterboarding as disallowable by the geneva convention, included here for your listening/cringing pleasure). this is kind of a deal-breaker for me.
2. in college, i once slept through an ear-splitting fire alarm that cleared my entire dorm. i woke up about five minutes in, and no, i was not drunk or otherwise impaired. just really really tired.
3. if toes could be prehensile, then i have prehensile toes. i can pick up small objects with them. who knows, i could be typing with my toes right now, for all you know.
4. when i hit “girl loves horse” stage of pre-pubescence, i read National Velvet from cover to cover and went around whispering anachronistic colloquial britishisms to myself, i.e., “coo lummy” (WTF???), and publicly referring to P.E. class as “gymkhana.” too bad during “gymkhana” we just sat around rippling our parachutes by the edge and clapping along to the pseudo-mariachi “mexican jumping bean song” instead of training to ride in horse jumping events.
5. in my life i’ve owned 6 cats so far.
6. sometimes when i dream, it’s omniscient pov. other times, i’m the pov of a “character” in my dream who is not me (often totally different gender, or race, or culture), and yet i’m feeling and sensing everything that person does. does anyone else do this? maybe i should’ve written that i practice nocturnal astral projection instead.
7. as a nerdy child, i enjoyed listening to, memorizing, and singing all the parts of my parents musical record collection…West Side Story.
i trrrrried to rrrrroll my Rrrrrr’s like Rrrrrrita Morrrreno.
My Fair Lady.
The Sound of Music.
wasn’t that an AWESOME abomination?
to this day i love musicals and have in part the music tastes of a 50-year old gay man. i used to be scared of julie andrews’ cockney accent in her pre-makeover eliza doolittle (My Fair Lady) because i thought it was the voice of a witch.
tag, you’re it: